Salesforce released a quite a new set features in its spring 22 release notes. Introducing new functionalities as well as improving the existing ones. This makes the life of salesforce admins and developers a tad bit easier. In spring 2022 release following are the key highlights:
- Salesforce Flow Updates
On the roadmap of retiring workflow and process-builder, salesforce has further enhanced the capabilities of the flow functionality. Here are the major updates:
- As with workflow rules you can view/filter all the flows which are triggered when an DML operation happens on a single object. For example we can now filter all flows which are executed when an opportunity is inserted/deleted/updated.
- The order of execution of flow can be controlled.
- With the workflow-flow migration tool, it is now easier to move logic from an existing workflow to a flow.
- Einstein Search
The Einstein Search feature of the salesforce got a few updates.
- Einstein Search now enables users to search with multiple languages.
- With the new release users will now be able to search in Knowledge articles as well.
- Einstein search now uses natural language processing, this makes search results more personalised and relevant to the user.
- Find the right report type for New custom reports (Beta)
- Creating and Selecting a new report type just got easier. The enhanced report type selector allows the users to quickly access the previous reports where all the fields and the objects are visible. Also the category of the report type (Standard or Custom) is mentioned against the corresponding report type name. A user can now easily select the right report type and also hide the report types which the user does not need to manage.
- Monitor your slowest Desktop Record Pages
- A new prompt in Lightning App Builder directs you to the Lightning App Usage which displays the pages with slow loading performance.
- The Salesforce Lightning App builder now has the features which shows the admin/developer the median amount of time it takes to load a page. This helps to optimise the pages which are taking too long to render for the end user.
- Scoping Rules to control the default records your users see (Generally Available)
- Scoping rules helps to set the scope of default records the users can see while searching. Using scoping rules, users see only the records that are relevant to them.
- However, it cannot restrict the records which users already have access to. You can set different scoping rules for different sets of users.
- Scoping rules can be used for both custom objects and standard objects. Opportunity, Contact, Account, Event, Task, Lead, Case are the standard objects on which scoping rules can be applied.
- Inline editing of multiple fields on the Report Run Page
- Users can now edit an inline edit record from the report run page. Thereby reducing a lot of time in editing and re-running the report, thus increasing efficiency.
- However, this feature is now only available in Lightning Experience.
- Enhanced Protection of The Personal information of The Users
Data Security is the utmost priority of any organisation. To protect the personal information of the user, you can enable the Enhanced Personal Information Management feature. You can select which fields to be treated as personally identifiable information (PII) of the user’s record. Both custom and standard fields can be protected with this feature.
- Revenue Intelligence
- Salesforce’s spring 22 release has combined the powerful features of tableau CRM dashboards and analytics with saleforce’s pipeline inspection. This gives the user better insight and makes it easier to visualise results.
- With revenue intelligence we also get additional features like Einstein forecasting and Einstein activity capture.
- Easier Data Transformation Using Dataweave In Apex
- With the introduction of DataWeave, Salesforce has bought a feature from the Mulesoft environment into Apex runtime. With this feature the serialisation and deserialization of payload requests becomes more efficient.
- Developers can focus more on Business logic and worry less about data transformation. This feature also reduces the CPU and heap size used during apex run time.
- Create Expanded Transaction Security Policies for Permission Set Events (Beta):
- In this release, Salesforce has released a feature that would monitor the changes in the Permission Set. If the permission violates the Company’s compliance, it can block the change made, additionally a notification can be triggered to admins to review the changes.
- Enable Third-Party Integrations with Light DOM (Beta)
- Everyone knows the pain of changing the styling of Salesforce’s out of the box elements like lightning-buttons, lightning-input,etc. This is all about to change with a new feature introduced by Salesforce which enables users to modify the existing styling of Salesforce standard UI components.
- This would help incorporate third party branding within Salesforce. Be mindful this feature is still in a beta release.
- Knowledge article links do not expire:
- Now a user can generate and share a knowledge article link without worrying about the link getting expired. Knowledge Articles now have a button to generate a link. The link will always point to the latest version of the document even if the article is edited after the link was shared.
So those were some of the key highlights of the Salesforce Spring release 2022. It is always exciting when there are new updates and add-ons in the salesforce. I hope you enjoyed reading some of our favourites.